- 97% operating efficiency (Online mode) reduces energy waste
- Active Eco reduces power consumption whilst avoiding power factor correction
- Parallel up to 8 UPS for extra capacity or redundancy
- Efficiency Control Mode optimises efficiency in parallel installations
- Front to top ventilation enables space-saving back-2-back install
NextEnergy (NXE) is a super-efficient, transformer-free UPS designed to meet the power requirements of today and tomorrow. It minimises your energy consumption and CO2 emissions while optimising your operating costs.
Can operate with or without a neutral connection. Front to top ventilation eliminates rear clearance, enabling back-2-back installation. Top or bottom cable entry. Large, user-friendly LCD touchscreen display and control panel.
A three-phase 250-400 VA uninterruptible power supply utilising the latest double conversion online UPS technology, the NextEnergy NXE protects against blackouts along with the power fluctuations generated by non-linear loads.
Delivering unity power factor and capable of operating efficiency up to 97%, this tower-style uninterruptible power supply combines high performance with low running costs. Its Efficiency Control System optimises efficiency depending on the power absorbed by the load to ensure prime performance even with partial loads.
Easy to install with top and bottom cable entry as standard, front to top ventilation – which eliminates rear clearance, enabling back-to-back install – and complete front access for all maintenance and servicing, up to eight NXEs can operate in parallel to increase capacity or build-in redundancy.
The NextEnergy NXE doesn’t require a neutral connection, which potentially reduces the cost of the power distribution system. Hot System Expansion (HSE) functionality makes it easy to add extra UPS into an existing system without the need to either switch units off or transfer to bypass.
Select from various UPS operating modes to improve energy efficiency and enhance performance:
- Online Mode: maximum load protection and output voltage quality
- Eco Mode: maximum efficiency up to 98% as the load is powered by the mains only
- Smart Active Mode: UPS automatically decides what mode to run depending on the stability of the incoming supply
- Standby Off Mode: for loads such as emergency lighting, which don’t need power until the mains supply fails
- Frequency Converter Mode: enables the output frequency to be different to the UPS input frequency
In addition, NextEnergy introduces a new mode of operation called Active Eco that guarantees lower energy consumption while avoiding the need for any power factor correction. It enables the load to be fed from at very high efficiency from the bypass line, but at the same time also working as an active filter to reduce the current harmonics produced by the users, increasing the power factor towards the entrance network.
Specially-designed, superior components can perform at high temperatures up to 40oC, with the UPS design incorporating forced ventilation that effectively extracts heat generated by internal components.
The NextEnergy NXE employs the latest battery management features to prolong life and enhance reliability, while its 7 inch interactive touchscreen display clearly shows voltage, UPS status, battery levels, and other key measurements.
Fully-compatible with the complete range of Riello UPS communications software, including the advanced PowerShield3 system which allows for the safe shutdown and monitoring of every connected device.
The entire NextEnergy (NXE) family qualifies for the Energy Technology List (ETL), a government-supported scheme promoting ‘best in class’ energy efficient products. Being on the list enables companies to offset 100% of the cost against their taxable profits.
The NXE qualifies for the programme thanks to meeting strict efficiency thresholds at a range of load ratings.