- Manage up to 32 UPS systems on all operating systems (full version)
- Easily view key operational data including voltage, load, and battery charge
- Automate manual actions such as turning a server on and off or running battery tests
- Stay informed with automated messages (email, SMS, voice) when UPS status changes
- Password protected access ensures system security
PowerShield³ is Riello UPS’s user-friendly UPS management tool featuring shutdown software that enables you to program sequential or priority-based shutdown of equipment. An ideal solution for managing multi-platform network systems.
Free version supports a single UPS while the full license enables easy management of a maximum of 32 UPS using a variety of operating systems. Clearly displays all vital UPS and environmental sensor data, including input voltage and applied load.
- PowerShield³ FULL version: supports up to maximum of 32 UPS for all operating systems.
- With sequential and priority-based shutdown, PowerShield³ provides unattended shut-down of all networked PCs, saving any active work on the most widely used applications. Users can definethe shutdown priorities for the various computers in the network and can also customise the procedure.
- With multi-platform compatibility, PowerShield³ uses the TCP/IP communications protocol to achieve standardised management and monitoring across the widest possible range of platforms. This makes it possible to monitor computers with different operating systems from a single console, for example monitoring a UNIX server from a PC running Windows and also connecting to UPS located in different geographical areas using dedicated networks (intranets) or the Internet.
- With event scheduling, PowerShield³ users can program their own shutdown procedures, detailing power-off and power-up scenarios to increase system security and save energy.
- With messages management, PowerShield3 keeps users constantly informed about the status of UPS and environmental sensors, either locally or via network messages. A list can also be defined of users who should receive e-mails, faxes, voice messages and SMS messages when faults or sudden mains power supply failures occur.
- Integrated SNMP agent: PowerShield³ features an integrated SNMP agent for UPS management which can send all the information required and generate traps using the RFC1628 standard, and environmental sensors.
- Secure, easy to use and connect; communication is now password protected to ensure UPS system security. Using the new discovery/ browsing function, all UPS connected to a protected computer and/or LAN can be displayed in a list format for monitoring. In the absence of a LAN connection, support is provided for modem-based communication.
Developed for virtualized systems
PowerShield³ permits to initiate live migration of virtual machines (VM) to automatically and transparently migrate VMs during power disturbance to protected devices by UPS with migration systems
such as VMware vMotion™ and Microsoft Live Migration. PowerShield3 can monitor and manage UPS either inside or outside the data centre. Can also measure power consumption to help calculate power usage effectiveness (PUE), a the standard metric utilized for gauging data centre power efficiency.
Security, easy to use and connect, communication is password protected to ensure UPS system security. Using the new discovery/browsing function, all the RIELLO UPS connected to a protected computer or LAN can be displayed in a list format. In the absence of a LAN connection, support is provided for modembased communication.