- For installations with 2 separate AC input sources (2x mains, 2x UPS, or a combination)
- Automatically transfers from primary to secondary source
- Designed for installation in 19-inch cabinets
- Protect several devices thanks to 8 IEC sockets
- Connectivity slot enables LAN connection and remote management
Multi Switch is a 16A automatic transfer switch that helps ensure redundant power to equipment connected with 2 AC input sources. In the event of the primary input being disrupted, Multi Switch automatically transfers the load to the secondary source.
Input sources can be 2 mains supplies, 2 UPS (of different sizes) or a combination of both. Capacity to protect up to 8 devices with IEC sockets. LCD display shows real-time measurements, alarms and operating statuses.
Multi Switch provides direct distribution of eight 10 A IEC outlets in a system with two input power lines (two mains inputs, or two UPS). Multi Switch is able to connect to either of the two input power lines, whilst simultaneously monitoring the power uptake.
PROTECTION AGAINST LOAD FAULTS
If one of the loads fails (e.g. short circuit), Multi Switch disconnects the group of sockets where the load is connected, thus preventing other loads from being switched off (i.e. in the event of poor discrimination of the protection devices).
PROTECTION AGAINST POWER SUPPLY FAULTS
If one of the two power sources falls outside tolerance levels, Multi Switch will transfer the load to the second power source (switching is instantaneous if the two sources are in phase).
Multi Switch units switch power with no impact on IT equipment. Depending on the ITI Curve, typical power supplies will operate 20 msec. after AC voltage drops to zero. The IEEE 1100-1999 standard also references the ITI curve. The SSI (Server System Infrastructure) standard recommends a hold-up time for power supplies to be a minimum of 21 msec.
for a voltage range of 100-240 V. Multi Switch units switch sources under these industry standard times. The switching time includes the time for the built-in intelligence to determine whether the voltage and frequency are in range. Any point of failure in the electronics does not cause a drop out of the output voltage because the unit incorporates redundancy of its electronic circuitry to avoid fault tolerance.
- Full protection for loads against mains and load failures
- Redundant power supply
- Versatile to use: Multi Switch can be powered with 2 different power supplies (including 2 UPS of different sizes/types)
- 19” cabinet installation
- LCD Display panel
- Can be connected to PowerNetGuard supervision software
- No signal connection between the Multi Switch and the power sources or loads is necessary
- Slot for communications boards: the optional network card allows for remote in network connectivity, and management through HTTP, SNMP, and SSH protocol.