Multi Sentry UPS 10-120kVA - MCM & MSM 1/1 & 3/1, MCT & MST 3/3
The Riello UPS Multi Sentry range between 30 and 100 kVA has been listed on the Department for Energy and Climate Change (DECC) Energy Technology List (ETL) which encourages businesses to invest in approved energy saving technologies. By investing in environmentally friendly systems such as the Multi Sentry UPS, businesses can claim tax relief of over £26,000 from the government’s Enhanced Capital Allowance (ECA) scheme set up by the Carbon Trust to encourage the reduction of carbon emissions; effectively writing off some of the costs of their UPS investment. To find out more about how much the Multi Sentry UPS range could save you, click here to visit the ECA website.
Multi Sentry is a state-of-the-art Uninterruptible Power Supply, designed to meet VFI-SS-111 - the highest possible on-line double-conversion performance level within IEC EN 62040-3. The UPS is ideal for the power protection of critical operations and processes including: information and telecommunications systems, networks, services and processes. Sizes available include: 10, 12, 15, 20, 30, 40, 100 and 120kVA all with a three-phase input and output.
The Riello Multi Sentry UPS is one of the most efficient systems available and has a minimal impact on its environment and upstream power sources.
Uninterruptible Power Supply with multiple operating modes
Multi Sentry UPS have been designed for an easy install, especially on sites with limited power capacity available, a generator and harmonic compatibility problems. Typical features include:
• low input current distortion - less than 3%
• high input power factor 0.99
• power walk-in function to achieve progressive rectifier start-up
• delayed start-up on mains power supply return
The UPS also acts as a high performance filter to protect its supplies from load induced harmonics and reactive power.
Multi Sentry has a unique battery care system to optimise battery performance, extend working life and guarantee the UPS is fit to deliver its full-rated runtime when called upon to do so - in the event of a complete mains power failure. The UPS is designed to operate with a range of battery types: VRLA AGM and GEL lead-acid batteries including open-vented types, in addition to Ni-Cads.
Specific Battery Care features include:
• One-level recharge to meet the requirements of the most common VRLA AGM batteries.
• Two voltage level recharge meeting the IU characteristic.
• Restricted charging to reduce electrolyte consumption and extend the life of VRLA batteries.
• Temperature compensation: to avoid excessive voltage being applied to the batteries in a high ambient.
• Built-in battery testing to enable predicted failure reports and detect performance degradation.
• Deep battery discharge protection: to prevent over discharging the battery set.
• Low AC ripple current, achieved using a high-frequency battery charger.
• Wide input voltage range, with a rectifier that can work down to less than 40% of its nominal supply rating.
Multi Sentry can be used for a wide range of applications with several customisation options and accessories providing flexibility and a choice of performance levels:
• compatible with capacitive loads - without any reduction in active power (0.9 lead to 0.9 lag).
• multiple operating modes: On-Line, Eco, Smart-Active and Stand-By/Off and frequency conversion.
• PowerShare connections for priority-based load shedding on mains power supply failure.
• cold-start facility to allow the UPS to be switched on even without a mains power supply present.
• extended runtime options using battery extension cabinets.
• battery cabinet temperature sensor option to assist the temperature compensating charger.
• larger battery charger options to optimize recharge times.
• dual input supplies options for added resilience.
• isolation transformer options for Galvanic isolation and neutral connectivity.
The UPS has a large front panel graphical display to provide information such as real-time measurements, operating status and alarms conditions - in five different languages in addition to RS232 and USB serial ports. The UPS is fully compatible with TeleNetGuard monitoring system for remote site service assistance. Multi Sentry is supplied with PowerShield software as standard. The UPS has three communication slots for accessories including: network adapters and volt-free contacts, a REPO (Remote Emergency Power Off) to shut down the UPS remotely in an emergency and input connection with an auxiliary contact for an external manual bypass.